What is artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a term that refers to machines and computer programs capable of performing human-like actions and imitating logical thinking. AI systems can learn, recognize patterns and make independent decisions using algorithms, machine learning and data analytics. The goal of AI is to mimic human thought and behavior to perform tasks more quickly and efficiently with minimal human intervention.
Rapid AI development in recent years
The development of artificial intelligence has increased exponentially over the past few years. One of the latest developments in this field is generative AI, which makes it possible to create realistic images, speech and even music. Two well-known examples of such AI are ChatGPT and Dall-E 2 from the American company, OpenAI with ChatGPT. These latest developments have triggered worldwide hype – and with good reason.
The potential applications of AI are becoming more important than ever, particularly for companies. With clever AI deployment, processes can be made more efficient and employees can reduce their workloads. AI has also found applications in other areas such as healthcare, energy supply and retail. The possibilities of AI are almost limitless. Development is far from over and it’s clear AI will permanently change our lives and the way we work.
The future of artificial intelligence in business
From creating a buyer persona or code with ChatGPT, to using robot assistance in the warehouse – many modern companies are already using AI systems to optimize their processes and work more efficiently. For smaller and medium-sized companies, there is the service model, AI as a Service (AIaaS), which uses outsourcing to make access to AI affordable and scalable. These developments prove that AI will continue to reach new milestones in the near future.
But with these advances come ethical and legal hurdles that companies must consider when deploying AI systems. For example, AI processes a huge amount of data that is subject to data protection regulations. Human-machine cooperation and ethical limitations are also critical issues that will need to be legally regulated in the coming years.
A comprehensive overview on artificial intelligence
Our Artificial Intelligence PowerPoint template provides you with a comprehensive overview on AI. Present the basics of AI systems and the latest developments in your company to ensure your employees develop a deeper understanding of the importance of AI. Use easy-to-understand slides to visualize the use of AI in business and enterprise, and explain concepts, such as deep learning and how ChatGPT works. Our professionally designed icon collection is tailor-made for your artificial intelligence presentations.
With our Artificial Intelligence Template for PowerPoint, you can:
- easily grasp and present the basics of artificial intelligence.
- explain recent technologies, such as ChatGPT, simply and clearly.
- show how artificial intelligence can be deployed in your organization.
This PowerPoint template includes:
- Definition of artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence basics
- AI subgroups
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Four types of artificial intelligence
- Turing test
- AI sub-fields
- Opportunities and challenges
- The road to artificial intelligence
- Market development over the past centuries
- Stages of development
- AI: a growth market
- AI adoption worldwide
- OpenAI and ChatGPT
- What is ChatGPT?
- How does ChatGPT learn?
- Working with ChatGPT
- AI in an organization
- Applications of artificial intelligence
- AI use cases in companies
- Use of AI capabilities
- Challenges when adopting AI
- AI maturity in companies
- Corporate transformation through AI
- Identify opportunities for AI applications
- Prerequisites for introduction
- Establish AI competence
- Develop AI competence
- AI: support for employees
- AI facilitates decisions
- Process of a chatbot request
- AI in the healthcare sector: medical services
- AI in the retail sector: enhancing the customer experience
- AI in the retail sector: improving processes
- AI in the energy sector: maximizing efficiency
- AI in the service sector: finding quick solutions
- AI in business processes: robots handling tasks
- AI in manufacturing: increasing yields through artificial intelligence
- AI in quality management: quality assurance with AI systems
- AI in quality management: AI-enhanced predictive maintenance
- AI in supply chain management: intelligent supply chain
- AI criticism
- Isaac Asimov’s three laws of robotics
- Meaningful cooperation between humans and AI
- EU’s Artificial Intelligence Act
- Artificial intelligence and data privacy
- UNESCO’s Recommendation on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- New professions