What is a communications strategy?
A communication strategy is a vital component of corporate communications. It addresses marketing and corporate goals and helps to achieve them more quickly. From the initial main idea to necessary activities, a communications strategy specifies all the essential elements for successful and professional communication. It starts with a comprehensive situation analysis which provides the starting point for developing a communications plan and related activities.
Why is a communications strategy necessary?
Digital corporate communications poses major challenges for companies. Successful communication is made more difficult not only by the customized content, but also by the communication environment. Countless users on a multitude of platforms are continuously sharing information. Companies today no longer have exclusive control over who, when, and how someone is posting, blogging, or discussing information about them.
Reaching your target group on the Internet can be a genuine challenge. Authenticity and empathy are key in standing out from the crowd. Companies who don't present themselves authentically and honestly on the Internet risk reputational damage that is difficult to rectify. This is precisely where a communications strategy comes into play.
A communications strategy provides solutions
A communications strategy lays the foundation for your corporate communications and ensures that you communicate authentically, achieve your strategic objectives and optimize your use of the available budget. It serves as a guide in the digital communications environment to help you master the challenges you face. A communications strategy gives your communication activities direction, structure and conviction.
Everything for your communications strategy in one template
Our PowerPoint template provides you with carefully prepared information on the challenges of digital corporate communication and how to build and execute a communications strategy. Present the obstacles that need to be overcome for successful digital corporate communication and use our fully editable slides to visualize your communications strategy step by step. In addition, you will receive professionally designed communication icons to enhance the quality of your presentations!
With the Communications Strategy PowerPoint template, you can
- present key information for successful digital corporate communications
- understand the structure and purpose of a communications strategy
- visualize and present your communications strategy
This PowerPoint template includes:
- Digital communication: three challenges
- The importance of reputation
- Loss of control on the social web
- How to mitigate loss of control
- Empathetic and authentic communication
- Digital communication: characteristics
- A communications strategy as a solution
- Facing challenges
- Corporate communications: definition
- External corporate communications
- Digital touchpoints
- Communications strategy: definition
- Communications strategy: components
- Communications strategy: advantages
- Corporate communications: structure
- Corporate communications: building blocks
- Balanced corporate communications
- Consistent communication behavior
- Communication: emotionality
- Why do customers use certain media?
- Attract attention
- Customize messages
- Optimize messages for specific channels
- Benefits of strategies
- Creating a strategy: process
- Briefing template
- Situation analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Communications strategy: analysis
- SMART goals
- Define target groups
- From target group to persona
- Create personas
- Customer persona
- Distinct personas: 15 questions
- Communication with customers
- Communication across the customer journey
- Key messages
- Determine a plan
- Central idea
- Develop activities
- Monitor performance
- KPIs to avoid
- Alternative KPIs
- KPIs: different levels
- KPIs: questions
- Communication strategy canvas
- Communication icons