What is a project charter for?
A project charter is a project management document that is drawn up at the beginning of a project. It visualizes the project mission and describes the project in its entirety. This includes objectives, the scope, milestones and the required resources for the project. It identifies the project manager and defines their responsibilities. For the team and other stakeholders, the project charter acts as a guide that can be referenced throughout the project. Officially, it validates the project's purpose and can be used as an approval document.
How is a project charter structured?
There is no standardized structure for a project charter. It will vary depending on the project and who created the charter. It can be customized for each project according to the project's focus. However, there are recurring elements that are found in most project charters. These include the project's key data, objectives, the project team, risks, a budget overview and the benefits of implementing the project.
The Project Charter template for PowerPoint
- provides the fundamentals for creating a project charter.
- includes a detailed project charter template.
- provides professionally designed slides to present your project charter.
This PowerPoint template includes:
- What is a project charter?
- Project charter advantages
- Project charter and other methods
- Project charter content
- Create a project charter
- Template: Project charter cover page
- Template: Project mission and vision
- Template: Project manager
- Template: Project team
- Template: Task Matrix
- Template: Project objectives
- Template: Project benefits
- Template: Project scope
- Template: Project timeline
- Template: Project phases
- Template: Project budget
- Template: Project risks
- Template: SWOT analysis
- Template: Project mind map
- Template: Project overview
- Template: Application example
- Template: Project summary