What is a USP and why is it important?
A unique selling point describes that distinguishing feature that makes your product or service interesting and attractive to customers and stand out from the competition. Customers are faced with a veritable sea of offers. To stay relevant, you have to be able to clearly define the benefits and promises you can provide.
What types of USPs are there?
With the right USP for your product, you'll not only stand out from the competition, but you'll deliver a well-thought-out selling argument. Many features have the potential to become a USP: Do you offer a particularly wide range of products? Or can you simplify your customer's search for the right product through a selective shortlist? Are your prices particularly competitive, or are your products of such high quality that they exude exclusivity? With a little creativity and ingenuity, you can formulate the perfect USP.
How are USPs being leveraged in today’s market?
You can get a good idea of the effectiveness of USPs by looking at both large and small companies. Fielmann’s value for money offers them a place at the top of the low-priced eyewear providers in Europe.
Large companies like Adidas and Amazon have also secured their position through clever offers and special features. With personalization and next-day deliveries, they’ve tapped into the wishes and needs of their customers.
How can you define your own USP?
With step-by-step methods and illustrations, this PowerPoint presentation will help you find your own USP. A checklist and various templates provide you with the tools to present and explain your USP in detail.
Everything about USPs and how you can make them work for you
In this PowerPoint template, you'll learn about the key points of USPs. Get ready for an even more effective marketing strategy.
With the Unique Selling Point PowerPoint template, you can
- learn about what constitutes a USP and why it's relevant to you
- define your brand and use templates to present it
- present current examples of successful USPs
This PowerPoint template includes:
- USP diagram
- History of the USP
- Illustration of a USP
- Significance of a USP
- What makes a USP? – diagram
- What are the advantages of a clearly defined USP? – infographic
- Competitive advantages of a USP – infographic
- USP requirements – infographic
- USP Types
- What constitutes a USP? – diagram
- Different types of USPs
- Emotional selling point
- Emotional selling point – diagram
- Successful examples
- Develop your USP
- What makes a good USP? – diagram
- Your USP in 6 steps – infographic
- How to develop your USP – diagram
- Checklist: Have you found your USP?
- USP presentation templates
- Unique Selling Point canvas – template
- Develop your USP – template
- Selling point analysis – template
- Value proposition – template
- 6 steps to a USP – template
- Brand position – template